Monday, November 20, 2006

One of those days.....

I've been doing a running program with a woman from church. The way that all got started is rather an odd tale, but one I'm glad happened. Things like that are so much easier when you know that you aren't going out by yourself. There's going to be someone else there, holding you accountable to it. Today was one of those days for both of us, but since we each knew that the other was counting on us being there (and she picks me up now, so it makes it that much harder for me to ditch), we couldn't blow it off. And for that I'm glad. The weather wasn't bad, it was around fifty at five this morning......we've gone out when it's been as low as fourteen. For me, I was just really tired and didn't want to get out of bed. I have had a problem with insomnia off and one my whole life (or at least the vast majority of it), and last week was one of those weeks for me.... I was going to bed at around eleven or midnight and then getting up at four thirty. Today all that missed sleep hit me. My hubby is on the night shift right now and generally he likes me to lay down with him for a little while after I get the kids off to school, today I ended up falling asleep. It's a good thing that I woke up when I did as it was eleven and my daughter gets home at around noon!
But now I feel good and energized, so maybe I needed the nap. Hopefully I can get up when I need to in order to do everything I'm supposed to.
Here's the 411 on that.... I'm supposed to get up at three so I can do my weights before I go out for my run, so then that way when I get home I just need to do my Pilates and then jump in the shower before I have to get the kids up. I live with my in laws for now and am using thier weights and bench and they need them at six. So that's been the deal, I have to be done with it by the time they need it. I had my belly pierced but had to take it out because of the infections I kept getting. A friend of mine in Michigan is coming to visit me for my birthday (it's in February) and she promised me that if I could get as close to my goal as possible that she would pay for me to get it done again. So that is my objective. I'm not going to say where I'm at right now, but my end goal is to be down to a size eight. I've decided that if I can get to at least a ten by the time we go in to have it done then I can do it..... so it's something to work for. The other thing is, I want to get the back tat that I've had my eye on for the last four years done for my birthday as well. And if I'm not close to where I want to be, I'm not going to waste the money on it, but I think it would make a really wicked 30th birthday present......

We shall see though.
For now, toodels!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all... I love running in the mornings with you. You are such an amazing person. I love chatting and listening to your life stories. Your friendship has been such a wonderful blessing in my life.
Second... yes, having someone else to do this stuff with makes it so much easier to do! Thanks for the inspiration... I'll be there in the morning to pick you up (wink)
Third.... belly ring or tat... this or that... no matter either way... cause your gonna turn 30 anyway!!! ROTFLMBO! ha ha... I'm a poet.

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, so I know you are gone... but do ya think you could have updated before you left... geesh!
Hope you have a great time at your g-ma & pa's....
hurry home, miss my running partner all ready!
hugs...

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sure, send me an e-mail... teasing that you are going to update and nada!
Whatever!!!!
you better hurry back before I lose that "running" feeling...
ha ha get it!!!!

"running" feeling...
ROTFLMBO

12:55 PM  
Blogger Corinna said...

oh sure, chances are there will be NO update today as you are driving home!!! you big tease!

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HELLO!!!
I know you are back... isn't it way past time to update!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home