Thursday, December 21, 2006

Bah

There's really nothing much to say.
My Grandma had some tests done, they came back. She does have some blockage, but she's to weak to have surgery so for now they have her on meds to help, which they are. So that's good. My mom gets her cast off on Friday(tomorrow). She's looking forward to that, but she still wont have full fuction, she has to wear a walking boot next.
I've decided that I really don't like Christmas Break, my kids have been evil little brats since they've been out. We've gone past the point of them driving me nuts, they are now driving the grandparents nuts and you know when you get to that point, there is a problem. After all Grandma and Grandpa are supposed to be more patient and understanding then mommy and daddy.....

My first 5K is on Saturday and while I'm not nervous about placing or anything, it's just the matter of stepping out of my comfort zone and doing something that I've never done before. It's one thing to tell people that you run but it's something else to actually get out there and do it where others can see you. It will be fun though.

And now for the song of what is turning out to be the week.....
It's a Morrissey cover sung by AFI and the song is called "Jack the Ripper"
it's on the B-side of DecemberUnderground....... I've listened to both versions and though I like Morrissey, I like AFI's version of this song better...... I'm a bit biased though, I love AFI.

AFI LYRICS
"Jack The Ripper"
[Originally by Morrissey]

oh, you look so tired
mouth slack & wide
ill-housed & ill-advised
your face is as mean
as your life has been
so, crash into my arms
i want you
you don't agree,
but you don't refuse
i know you
and i know a place
where no one is likely to pass
you don't care if it's late
and you don't care if you're lost
and oh, you look so tired
but tonight, you presumed too much
too much
too much
and if it's the last thing i'll ever do,
i'm gonna get you
crash into my arms
i want you
you don't agree,
but you don't refuse
i know you
oh, crash into my arms
i want youyou don't agree
but you don't refuse
i know you

And there you have it. If you can though I would suggest listening to both versions. I love the way Davey sings it. I wish that they would make a video for it..... I think it would be yummy. I bought AFI's music DVD this week. And all I can say is OHMYGOD!!OHMYGOD!!OHMYGOD!!! along with much squeeling, after all I am a fan girl. I also bought a HIM music DVD that I didn't have, which turned out to be five hours of yummyness..... I've watched it once, watched AFI's four or five times, haven't watched the interviews or special stuff, just the concert. One day I will get to see AFI in a show of thier own, I've seen them at Warped but it's just not the same. I want to see HIM again too. One day......



Till next time.....
Toodles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home